Thursday, February 9, 2012

Why?

I was filling out my Interior Design application today and it asked me something along the lines of
"Why do you want to be an Interior Designer?"
I posted a couple of years ago about me wanting that to be my future but between then and now I changed my mind a bazillion times thinking I wanted to do something medical but when it actually came down to it I decided that I'm not exactly in it for the money, I want to do something I enjoy and makes me happy.
So I decided to stick to my childhood dream.
Interior Designer.
 
So why do I want to do it?

I love the idea of making an ordinary, basic space into something nice to look at and maybe even amazing? I'd like to think it's like art. It's just like taking a plain white canvas and adding different colors and textures to make it into something not so dull.

At work they are redoing the break room and they had some painters up there today and as I was taking my break they were just asking me if I could have things my way how I would make it look up there.
Little did they know that every break I take up there I think about it over and over so my input was probably more than they were actually asking for but they got it all
from where I wanted the bookshelves and the TV to where the microwave should be put and why.
I could have been up there all day over running the till just making out plans for the new break room.

May I add that pinterest just gets me more and more excited about my future in Interior Design?

3 comments:

  1. this is awesome! I can totally see you being an interior designer! good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there is a free class in lethbridge coming up for interior design. Here's the event on FB- https://www.facebook.com/events/240051386072019/
    Someday I'll get ya to come decorate my house. There really is no rhythm here yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always been so excited to have my own home one day to decorate and design! Sounds like a good plan to me. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete