So pretty much I want to cry with joy every time I think of these two woman.
Both of these woman truly are angels.
Kari & Whitney DeWinter
Let me explain!
First off these two always have been an example to me and I simply just love being around them.
But at this certain time in my life they really made an impact.
I recently started a new job at a restaurant here in town and I actually really enjoy it and the people I work with.
As most people know that live in Cardston Moroni's Quest is coming up...and when I say coming up I mean it's in 2 days.
Moroni's Quest is an amazing experience that only happens every four years and I recommend EVERYONE who can to go.
I'm one of the few lucky ones that gets to go twice!
Well so I thought...
4 girls I work with (including me) asked for that time off and my boss told me that one of us had to give it up.
Well seeing as I have already gone once I insisted that it would be me that stays behind because those girls really REALLY need to have this experience.
I've been to Quest before so I kind of had an idea of what would be going on so yeahhhh that bummed me out some more because I know the feelings that are felt and the events that happen.
To be honest though my brain just wouldn't accept that I wasn't going so I prayed and prayed and payed my tithing on Sunday and I swear half my ward told me that they would pray for me.
Then a miracle did happen...
(here's where I start crying but luckily y'all can't see me)
Yesterday I went to work and walked into the kitchen and my greek boss, Alex (I mention he's greek because what he said to me was in an accent and that made the situation so much more awesome) asked me
"Do you want to go to this camp?"
and I said to him something like
Yeah I would love to...blah blah blah...
then he said
"Okay you can go!"
I probably asked him "REALLY!!!?" like twenty times
Alright here's the story behind why Alex said this and why Kari and Whitney are so amazing.
Kari (my young woman's president) went to my work on Monday when I wasn't working and talked to my boss. She sat here down and explained why I needed to go to this camp. My bosses are members so they didn't understand how amazing this camp is and why it's important us youth attend.
So Kari bore her testimony and pretty much blew my boss away and then here is where it gets more amazing...
Whitney, who doesn't even work at Athens offered to work my shifts for the time I am gone...
FOR FREE.
Words cannot explain how amazing these two woman are for sacrificing so much of their time to get just one girl to go.
There is a whole stake of people going and they didn't want to leave not even one girl behind.
(insert more tears here)
There really is only one word to describe these two woman and that's
Angels.
Amazing!
ReplyDeleteI just got shivers. I love Cardston.
ReplyDeleteYou've been tagged! =)
ReplyDeletehttp://janeendittmann.blogspot.com/2012/07/liebster-award.html
Kiara I loved this.
ReplyDelete