Friday, July 27, 2012

them little things.

You know how people say it's the little things that matter?
tis true...
This summer I don't see much of Samuel because he's a workaholic.
This summer I don't have many friends because well...the truth is I've realized who my real friends are and them people also work a lot and aren't many in numbers.
I work lots too.
We just can't seem to get our days off in sync.

So.
I rely on the little things to make up my summer
little things to make me smile.
Like most I haven't had a BIG summer vacation or a vacation at all but I'm learning to love the little things that confirm 
yes, indeed it is summer.

Things like
sleeping under the stars in my backyard
late nights chatting with friends
sitting on a fence watching the thunderstorms
watching fireworks with Sam
late night ice cream runs 
Denny's at 2am 
being barefoot
listening to music on my front porch
sleeping with the window open
reading a book in the sun
having a fire on the beach with people who matter to me
swimming as the sunsets 
bike rides



No comments:

Post a Comment