Friday, December 28, 2012

For those who want to read...A LOT.

If your bored and want to read a lot then this post is for you.
If your curious about my life at this moment then this post is for you.
If you want to read about a little bit of real life romance then this post is for you.
If your curious about my life with this amazing man but don't want to read a bunch...then this post is not for you.
Tough luck ;) 

Alright.
Here we go.

So a few posts ago I mentioned going to Idaho to visit my sister and meeting some friends of hers. 
I also posted a video of a guy popping my giant blister on my finger.
That guy is the guy I would like to tell you about. 
Tysen Ficklin.

From the moment I met him he made me laugh uncontrollable. 
He a hilarious guy and that's very important for me. 
I also believe from the moment we met with both knew we were going to have no control over what happens as hard as we tried. 
Firstly let me tell you how amazing he is...his personality is definitely what I was crazy about right off the bat. 
How did I know this?
Well because when I met him he had painted toe nails and a mustache. 
I creepy weird mustache...He's probably reading this so I hope he forgives me for that comment. 
(It was Movember so it's understandable and somewhat acceptable)
Anyways! 
This guy literally walked into my life. I didn't go looking for him.
I was at my Aunt and Uncles house in Idaho Falls.
I was seriously there for 5 minutes when in comes walking through the door is Tysen.
He was really good friends with my cousins (my sister's roommates) and my sister and they decided to invite him to Idaho Falls for the evening to come hang out. 
He went around the rooming shaking everybody's hands and introducing himself except for me.
He skipped me!
I got up to leave the room and as I walked by him I looked at his feet and kid you not...
the first thing I ever said to him was 
"Nice crocs...said no one ever" 
He hasn't forgotten that I said that to him to this day. 
We laugh about it now but personally I think he's still a bit hurt.

Our personalities meshed right away...I know this is cliche but we seriously talked to each other like we've known each other for years.
Just like old friends. 
We all went out for dinner that night for my cousin's birthday and we sat beside each other and chatted some more. 
When it came to singing Happy Birthday Tysen and I were the most loud and obnoxious singers together.
I think from that moment I knew we'd be good friends.

Alright fast forward a bit...
Throughout that weekend we had a ton of fun hanging out with my family and I was with him everyday.
I knew I liked him and he liked me but we both didn't know that information so neither of us did anything about it.
The night before I left I knew that I was done for.
I tried my best to keep my cool so I wouldn't make things weird or confusing.
We live in different countries. We wouldn't work.
Besides I didn't think he was interested in me.
That last night him and I walked back to our cars together after leaving Mackenzie's apartment and we stopped in the middle of an intersection and layed down to watch the lights change and we talked and laughed and had a good time. 
Then it was time for me to leave...seeing as it was 2:00am and I was leaving at 6. 
Right before I got into my car he opened his arms for a hug...
and boy...
that was the most AWKWARD HUG IN MY LIFE!
Okay really...it wasn't that awkward I just think we both thought that because we both wanted more but we ended up doing a complete and total friendship hug. 
Driving away was actually pretty difficult because I knew I liked him and he was such a great guy and we had so much fun together but I knew I would never see him again. 

Here are some pictures from that weekend



Notice me all snuggled up to him? That was suppose to be a joke but let's get real...I secretly wanted to and enjoyed it.  
Laying in the intersection 



Alright let's press the fast forward button again.
I got back home to Canada and we were texting a lot...and Skyping every night. 


Obviously at this point we knew we liked each other and we either had to get over it or make something of it.
Well for me when I want something I usually give my all and reality doesn't mean anything to me.
Luckily that's exactly how he is as well. 
So...what does Tysen do?
He decides to drive up to Canada to come see me and figure out what this thing was and what was going to happen between us.

That weekend he came up was amazing!
He fit in so well with my family! 
and by the end of the weekend we knew that we couldn't stand the thought of not being together so we decided to make ourselves official.
Yup...I got myself into a long distance relationship.
Like I said before reality doesn't mean much when I want something. 
I have had a few people tell me that it's not going to work and it's not worth it but I honestly can't describe how happy Tysen makes me and to me I find it very worth it. 
He's so good to me and I can be my complete self around him.
He accepts me when I'm a goofball and I look like death has knocked at my door at 3 in the morning. 

2 weeks after he came to Canada I went down to his place in Idaho and met his parents and his family.
I'll tell you...I have never been so nervous in my life.
But once I actually got there I felt so at home and comfortable.
I absolutely love his family, they make me laugh just as much as he does!
We went out almost every night and the best part was I never knew what the plan was.
He loves surprising me and never tells me any plans he's made.
One day we went to Spokane and wandered downtown for hours just goofing around
and then we went out for a tiny at a restaurant with just the two of us in the entire place! 
Another day we went to Coeur d'Alene and walked around the resort and looked at Christmas lights and walked around the boardwalk.
Another day we walked down along the beach and played on a giant wooden castle playground (Yeah, I'm a huge fan of playgrounds...it was a blast!)
Another night we parked his car and cranked the music and danced outside in the rain.
...long story short there is never a dull moment with him and I find myself loving and enjoying life more around him. 


We found these lovelies in Spokane.

I injured my knee while climbing up a lifeguard tower so while Tysen was cleaning the house he thought he'd have a bit of Canada comfort me so he brought that moose there over to me to cuddle with. 



The only picture we have at the moment where we are acting normal.
Little do y'all know we are straddling a metal goat  


Again he makes me so happy and nobody can change my opinion about how we're making our relationship work.
Yes, not being with him all the time sucks a lot.
But I'd be a moron to give up on us just because of the miles between us.
One day we'll be living in the same town and we'll find that it was all worth it. 
(Yup I just became a total cheese ball right there) 
Until then though I'll look forward to him coming to visit me and random trips to go visit him and late night Skype calls. 
The distance gives us reasons to go on more adventures and we're all about adventures. 

But there you have it folks. 
Y'all now know about the man that puts a smile on my face.
He really has made me realize why things didn't work with anyone else.


No comments:

Post a Comment