Thursday, April 11, 2013

Gramps.

Resting next to his wife. 

I think every one of my Grandpa's grandchildren can say that they were really close with Grandpa.
My Grandparents left this earth with 63 grandchildren.
That's insane! 
But I can honestly say about every single one of us can say we were very close with him. 
He had a way of making every one feel so special. 
He was such an amazing man and I know he is continuing to do amazing things in the spirit world where he is reunited with his wife. 

I'm so grateful for the loving grandparents I had and I know I'll be with them someday. 
For me, and I know my other cousins might agree, when my Grandpa passed away I felt so at peace, though it is hard knowing he's gone. I felt peace and I honestly felt so happy for him because he was finally with his wife, our Grandma. 
He loved her and missed her so much. 

I want to share something my Dad wrote about my Grandpa, it really sums up how I feel and I really enjoyed what my dad had to say. 

"A great man has moved on. A man who was a great example to me and treated me like his own son. I will miss the days that I would come home from work and he would walk in the door and see me and act surprised and excited and say "oh your home". 
I would always answer."yep, I survived another one". He was always there to help others and never selfish. What a great example. 
He always seemed to amazed me. At the age of 85 rotor tilling his garden one day. He had finished half the garden and I walked over and said "take a break I will finish it". He was hesitant letting me take over but he did and only after 2 rows I felt ready to fall over.
He had a heart like a ox.
He never stopping working and never stopped joking and teasing. I will miss those days going to sit by him at basketball games and smelling sardines that he had eaten. If I was blind I could find him by that alone.

He was always so tough to get a straight answer out of when asked a question.

I feel now it is safe to bring the ladders out from hiding. I spent many times trying to coax him off a roof whether it was mine or his roof. He always used the scariest ladders ready to break or fall apart at anytime.
As I drove past his house this last time off after seeing him for the last time. I looked at his house and see in the backyard his ladder up against the house and I laughed and shook my head. I was fighting a losing battle.
A great and amazing man. For me to spend his last days with him and all his children at his bed side was a great honour. Each and everyone is as amazing as he is, big hearts with endless love and charity for others."

He was such a goofy man


No comments:

Post a Comment