So I had to write a profile essay in English about somebody that has something to do with popular culture whether it's a book series, TV show, movie, band, ect. that they are interested in.
My very first thought when I got this assignment was Tysen because of how high interest in movies, storytelling, and film.
My essay was suppose to be 5 pages double-spaced.
It ended up being 7...whoops ;)
I never let people ready my writing which is strange because I write in my blog and anybody can read but I guess that's because nobody is grading this.
Anyways, Tysen really REALLY wanted to read my essay.
I'm still not sure if it's because he is interested in my writing or because of his curiosity because of the fact that the entire paper was about him.
I'm very self conscience when it comes to essays so I was seriously having a panic attack when I was doing my final draft because I knew he would be reading every word.
Then when I actually sent it, pure anxiety.
Something about Tysen is he'll be brutally honest (especially with me) , only if you ask for his opinion though.
Don't get me wrong, I love how honest he is because I know he's never just saying something just to please me.
So this morning was the day I had to turn in my essay and after I turned it in I got a text from Tysen saying
"Seriously, great essay!!! I honestly thought it was awesome. WAY BETTER THAN I ANTICIPATED!!!! You are quite the writer."
Say what!!?
He thinks I need to get over my fear of letting people read my papers so I thought maybe I would give you guys a taste of what I wrote.
This is my intro.
Artistic
is maybe too bold of a statement but creative was definitely a good start. He
isn’t thin but fat isn’t a good way to describe him either. Even though he
wouldn’t be considered a jock you could see some characteristics that gave him
some brawn, broad shoulders and chest atop a decent pair of legs. His shoes,
hair, and clothes said that preppy wasn’t his thing. Vans type foot ware, with
maroon corduroy skinny fit pants topped off with a t shirt with the design of a
sidewalk jutting out into a depiction of the solar system with two people
walking hand in hand out into the oblivion. The jacket he had hung up was grey
with multiple patches that he had sown on. One he had designed and created
himself because “No one had one I liked so I made one I did.” Prescription
glasses with orange temples and half rimmed square lens on his face just below
a haircut that didn’t really have a name.
It was cut close to his head on the sides yet the top was long, about
two or maybe three inches? This length aloud it to show off its natural curl as
it was pushed back to his left in a sort of half slicked back look. His hair color, dark and lustrous, has a sheen like fine
hardwood. But that comparison isn't entirely fair, I suppose. Hardwood doesn't
swish gently like his hair does, swaying with the words he speaks. A shiny
varnish catches merely light around it, but the depths of that deep chestnut
brown reflected all the radiance of his smile. Every couple of minutes
he runs his fingers through those perfect waves, he does this in order to tame
the wildness of his hair that could perfectly describe his personality.
When
he talks his hands are in orchestra with his mouth. If he had a mute button you
may be able to understand him just by the movement of his ten digits. His voice is so warm and comforting even the stingiest of
strangers would immediately warm up to him. He is well known by his
family and friends for telling elaborate stories from his own life. You know
when he’s about to tell you a story when his voice suddenly becomes sonorous.
His forte is making one feel as if they were actually involved in this anecdote
because of the way he includes every detail in such a way that draws you in.
Well I just read it and loved the description. Very thorough and intriguing! Love it! :) Hope ya have a gooood week!
ReplyDelete