Monday, March 18, 2013

Warning: dorky

When I was little I was OBSESSED with mummies. 
OBSESSED! 
I watch Egyptian and mummy shows all the time. 
My parents even got me a couple sand pyramids (toys) so that I can dig up mummies.

This weekend I was in Utah with Tysen and I fulfilled a childhood dream of mine. 
I got to see a mummy.
Alright multiples!!! 

Tysen was getting a kick out of how excited I was about seeing mummies, my dorky version of myself came out sooo fast. 
I was stating facts about mummies and pointing things out on the mummies that I remembered learning about when I was younger.

Guys! You have no idea how amazing it was! 
I was looking at human beings over 6000 years old. 
6000 years!!!! 

Well most of them were around 3000 years old but I did get to see the oldest mummy in the world, which was a baby and he was 6,500 years old. 
Yup. 


There was one mummy that was sitting like this as well, these mummies are Peruvian by the way. You can tell because they don't lay the bodies down to rest they put them in this sitting positions. It was fun to walk around the museum and point out what culture each mummy was. Some you couldn't by just looking at the way they were resting because they were naturally mummified so it wasn't planned out that they were preserved the way they were. 
Anyways! Sorry, I didn't mean to go off like that..
There was another mummy like this that still had all of her hair. Seriously it was looking better than my hair. It was long and brown and seriously hardly messy at all. 

Anyways, I was soooo glad to have finally fulfilled that dream of mine especially with Ty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment