Saturday, February 5, 2011

Fears into thrills.

What's everybody's biggest fear when it comes to surgery? Being awake. Well that's the last thing I thought I'd be doing when I went into surgery. Being knocked out is what I had my mind set on but before I knew it I was asking my anesthesiologist for a spinal and we were in the OR jamming out to music and all having a good laugh. Next thing I knew I was laying on the operating table with no feeling from my waste down. If anyone has to get surgery on their knee I recommend being awake for it, it's seriously the coolest experience and I had a lot of fun. Now not so much, I hate not being able to do anything for myself and not being able to control my leg. It's the weirdest thing, it won't do a thing I want it to so I guess I just have to have a lot of patience and let it heal on it's own time. Until then I am completely useless.

1 comment:

  1. I've been awake during surgery. It's called a C-section.. LOL. NOthing like laying on the table having a baby cut out of your stomach. But I'm sure knee surgery was pretty cool too. Glad they had good music. I just got to lay ther and look at the ceiling... boring!

    ReplyDelete