A message for Katelyn Hartley
Dear Kate,
I use to be just like you and your blog post "Left Unsaid" inspired me to share something with you. So I hope your reading little miss :)
I use to be like you, a lot like you actually. I kept to myself I never even thought about taking chances the thought just scared me to death. I had my friends and I wasn't about to go out and make new ones. I didn't want to try anything new because I was scared of the outcome. Then came a point in my life where I had no choice but take chance after chance, I moved. I really surprised myself on the first day of school. I remember Charlie introducing me to you and sharing the fact that we were both twins and both had the same birthday and I stepped out of my bubble and striked up a conversation with EVERYBODY. I've asked a few people and apparently their first impression of me was I was very outgoing. Never in my life would I expect that I would be outgoing. As the year went on I made new friends, took chances and risks I never thought I would take. Kate, every chance you take leads to taking more new chances. It never ends, and I'll tell you if you want to talk to someone or get to know someone take the chance because you never know it could be a life long friendship or you might have a conversation you'll never forget or they might surprise you with telling you something you needed to hear at the moment. So I challenge you, do one thing a day that scares you and I promise you won't have many dull moments in life. Twenty years from now you'd be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than the ones you did. If you find yourself never hurt or embarrassed you probably don't take many chances, and that will happen. You will get hurt and embarrassed but hey in the end it's always with it girl. Don't get to crazy on me ;)
Love Kiara Jeleen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kiara...thank-you, thank-you, thank-you! you are the perfect definition of a true friend. and ya I guess once you take a chance, you got to take fifty more! so here I go...stepping outside my comfort zone!! and taking a couple chances!! thanks so much Kiara...I really needed to here this. You are the best!
ReplyDeleteLove, Kate