Sunday, December 26, 2010

One strange decision

I finally went to my knee appointment on Thursday after 4 months of waiting and the doctor took a look at my knee X-Rays and moved my knee around for a good minute or two. He decided that we should go ahead with doing the surgery so my mom signed some forms and the Doctor asked me a very strange question...
Would you like to be awake or knocked out during the surgery?
My instant thoughts were "Well duh!!! I want to be knocked out during it, did you really have to ask?" then he told me that I wouldn't be so loopy and out of it if I got a needle in my back and got frozen from the waist down, plus I could watch the surgery and some people think it's very cool. So that kind of caught my attention, I'm on painkillers right now and they really put me in a loop and I don't like the feeling so much. But watching the surgery would be very...well let's just say I don't really like seeing objects going into bodies that don't really belong, like a knife for instance. I didn't have to make a decision on the spot, he said I can let them know the day of but knowing me I won't know my answer until the day of. So...any suggestions? I watched a knee surgery once on youtube and that kind of made my stomach turn and do flips, I'm very much leaning towards the getting knocked out.

2 comments: