Saturday, December 11, 2010

TURTLES!!!!!!!!!!

My family
The Parker's. 
You hang out with us for a night and you might not understand why we do what we do.
Why do we yell turtles in a very excited low voice?
I don't know it's a Parker thing.
Why do our presents not always appear what they look like they will be?
I don't know it's a Parker thing.
Why do we all have an obsession over pickles?
I don't know it's a Parker thing.
Why do we all dread the white elephant?
I don't know it's a Parker thing.
You get the point?

Tonight I was surprised with having a house full of family come over for a Christmas Party. I didn't know about it, only because I completely forgot. I've never understood why people can't handle a full house and all the loud noise. It's something I have learnt to love a lot while growing up. I've learnt that I have to yell really loud to be heard because we're ALL trying to talk over each other. I've learnt that our sense of humor is very weird and not everybody understands it. I simply love the strangeness of our family and I find there is never a dull moment with all of us because it's as easy as this. We don't allow it. It was tonight when I was sitting in my laundry room with some of my cousins hovering over an ipod laughing until we threw up that it hit me again like it always does when I'm with my family that family is all you need. I often find that I completely forget about the world outside whatever house we're in or whatever campground we're at. Nothing else matters but the time we're having. Some may think we're crazy, some may think we get to loud. But I love us, and these people are all I need.

Warming up by the "fire"

Food, it's an addiction for us. 


We enjoy taping things to Tyler's back.

He didn't have a clue.

Ya...it was a touching moment. 



This ornament has a whole new meaning for all of us. 
Thank Miles & Tyler we will never look at this ornament the same. 

1 comment: