Who knew turning 17 would be so tiring.
Yesterday was one I certainly won't forget anytime soon.
I was waken up by my sister at 5:50am. She jumped me and wished me a Happy Birthday (her birthday also). I hopped in the shower and before I could think I was off to the East Stake Center for a Seminary Morningside. It was really good, and I found myself awake. Then Math came, I don't think a kid in that class was paying attention. Every time I woke up and looked around I found others doing the exact same thing. The rest of the day played out just like that.
After school I took a five minute nap and my Mom asked me and my sister go come go to the Redford's with her, I didn't have a problem with that I always have fun there. After half hour or an hour we headed back home and I was surprised with my room cleaned and balloons everywhere. I hugged Charlie for the hard work she put into cleaning my room (it was a complete mess). Colton popped out from behind a chair and wished me Happy Birthday. I laughed for his sad effort of hiding. Then things got really strange. Boys started walking down the stairs one by one. Dallin, Aaron, Austin, and Jaden. At first I thought they were just coming to say Happy Birthday, until Carter showed up. In my past when Carter shows up at my house on my birthday it usually means bad news. For the past couple years ever since I moved to Cardston he has kidnapped me and rolled me in the snow before the sun came up. He didn't do that his morning which wasn't surprising, 17 is not a special age. He announced that it was time for everybody to load up in the vans. Vans? VANS!? Where the heck are we going?! I was pleased to notice that nobody was grabbing me and carrying me out while I try and fight them off. We all split off into 2 different vans and we were on our way to somewhere. I was surprised to see Stephanie! Even though I was just with her only about 15 minutes earlier. My mom mentioned picking up my brother in Magrath so it wasn't hard to figure out we were off to Lethbridge. No matter the size of a road trip, 2 hours, 45 minutes, 10 minutes. Car rides with my friends are always strange but extremely entertaining. I can't believe how long 3 guys can go on about basketball.
So we got to Lethbridge and ate at Boston Pizza pigging out on delicious food. Walmart was the last stop, hard to believe how entertained a bunch of teenagers can be in Walmart. Many might not understand my friends. Why we say the things we say, why we think certain things are so funny when really they shouldn't be. Why we talk the way we do. But I love these tards to pieces.
P.S About the title of this post, it's something we said over and over throughout the night. Why? Well...that remains unknown.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment